For many years recipients of our Spotlight Award at the close of our 10 week sales training course receive Wayne Dyer’s book and CD, The Power of Intention. As our sellers were striving to expand their selling, their abilities and ultimately themselves… Wayne’s words of wisdom were apropos.
Wayne’s words opened my eyes and view of self and the world. I will miss him and am currently re-reading The Power of Intention and using my Power of Intention cards. I plan to re-read every Wayne Dyer book I own.
In memory of his passing, here are 25 quotes of the thousand you’ll find in his books, on the internet and beyond.
• Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.
• Anything you really want, you can attain, if you really go after it.
• Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.
• Begin with the end in mind. Start with the end outcome and work backwards to make your dream possible.
• When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
• A belief system is nothing more than a thought you’ve thought over and over again.
• Practice being the kind of person you wish to attract.
• A non-doer is very often a critic-that is, someone who sits back and watches doers, and then waxes philosophically about how the doers are doing. It’s easy to be a critic, but being a doer requires effort, risk, and change.
• Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.
• Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.
• Conflict cannot survive without your participation.
• Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.
• Each experience in your life was absolutely necessary in order to have gotten you to the next place, and the next place, up to this very moment.
• Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
• I am realistic – I expect miracles.
• If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.
• If you knew who walked beside you at all times, on the path that you have chosen, you could never experience fear or doubt again.
• Love is my gift to the world. I fill myself with love, and I send that love out into the world.
• Not only do you become what you think about, but the world also becomes what you think about. Those who think that the world is a dark place are blind to the light that might illuminate their lives. Those who see the light of the world view the dark spots as merely potential light.
• You don’t-need to be better than any one else you just need to be better than you used to be.
• Passion is a feeling that tells you: this is the right thing to do. Nothing can stand in my way. It doesn’t matter what anyone else says. This feeling is so good that it cannot be ignored. I’m going to follow my bliss and act upon this glorious sensation of joy.
• You must become the producer, director and actor in the unfolding story of your life.
• The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.
• The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.
• When you abandon making choices, you enter the vast world of excuses.
Alice Kemper mobilizes sales teams to bust their monthly quotas. Check it out.