Are you thinking upstream?
What if you’re not and the competition is?
Thinkingupstream.com defines ‘upstream thinking” as.. investing wisely for future success rather than spending all of our time and resources responding to and perpetuating failure.
In order for you and your team to out-think, out-service and most importantly out-sell the competition, everyone needs to think upstream!
Gather your team together and discuss:
- What’s typical today about the customer’s strategy and decision making process when purchasing your products?
- How has that changed in the last 6 – 12 months?
- What’s the competition doing these days?
- How can you demonstrate value beyond pricing to separate you from the competition?
- What trends and challenges are taking place in the client’s market?
- How are these different from the last 6 – 12 months?
- What will change for your clients in the next 6 – 18 months?
Most days everyone is guilty of going about their business to put out fires and get through the to-do list. Just doing the same things day in and day out keeps us stagnant or moves us downstream.
For growth, opportunity and sustainability, take time with your reps to evaluate the situation and your team will soar upstream out-thinking, out-servicing, and out-selling – leaving the competition downstream!
Alice Kemper, founder of Sales Training Werks mobilizes teams to sell more within 8 weeks. She’s taken her big-guns sales training and chunked it down to bite-sized done-for your sales meetings. Now sales managers world wide have everything they need at their fingertips to deliver high end sales training in 30 minutes or less.