Value is all about what’s in it for them, and often sellers are so caught up in what they sell and how wonderful it is that they spend more time in “all about me” mode instead of focusing on “What’s in it for Them.”
We recently attended a Speak-to-Sell boot camp via the internet. Lisa Cherney, president of Conscious Marketing, compared the ability to articulate value to a dog whistle. She said, “It’s about them not me. When you articulate the value with a what’s in it for them approach, it’s like a dog whistle that only your ideal clients can hear.”
Here’s a great first action to build skill in articulating value: Bring your team together –virtually or in a room – and brainstorm successes and measurements that you can use to tell your prospect’s story. Capture specific and quantifiable stories and the words they use, what’s important to them and begin to strategically make all the buying connections to the client’s WiifT.
Stating features is very “me” focused, so increase the value of your offering by turning the feature into a benefit for the prospect. With your team, work through an activity of listing features and then imaging that as each feature is stated, the prospect is thinking “So what?” Then tie the “so what” to what’s important to them. Once you make it about them, your credibility increases, their attention increases and perceived value skyrockets!
- Our wireless timekeeping systems are run by GPS for you to always have accurate time and your records are properly maintained and legal.
- We will develop a custom hiring process which streamlines your company’s processes, keeping them more cost effective.
- Our lawn care system is less costly than your other options to save you time and headaches.
- We guarantee our work, so you can rest assured that your investment is protected.
- Our customer service department is open 24/7 which means you will never have to wait to contact us if you need information.
Once you master articulating value through communicating “What’s in it for Them” you’ll have you own dog whistle frequency!
What are some other ways you make sure you the focus of them? Let us know in the Comments section.
Top performing and top producing sales managers whose sellers meet sales quotas consistently conduct Field Ride Alongs, One-on-One Coaching and Sales Meetings to build skill and will. Clone yourself for some one-on one-coaching or own the latest done-for-you sales training with these special offers only available here.